Whitney Houston Casket Photo Wasn’t Leaked By Funeral Home, Director Says

On February 24, 2012, in Article, Celeb, Entertainment, Fashion & Lifestyle, Movies, Music, Videos, by nadia

It didn’t take long after the National Enquirer published a pic of Whitney Houston’ s open casket for the backlash to come fast and hard. And it’s not just the tabloid taking the heat. Whigham Funeral Home CEO Carolyn Whigham said she’s received threatening emails, accusing her and her staff of selling the pic, a charge she vehemently denied to the New York Daily News

It didn’t take long after the National Enquirer published a pic of Whitney Houston’s open casket for the backlash to come fast and hard. And it’s not just the tabloid taking the heat. Whigham Funeral Home CEO Carolyn Whigham said she’s received threatening emails, accusing her and her staff of selling the pic, a charge she vehemently denied to the New York Daily News.

“Whitney was a friend,” she told the paper. “I’m the one who flew to Los Angeles and got Whitney from the coroner’s office. I did everything to protect her.” That included having security guard the casket at all times, except when the family had a private viewing, she explained. And even if she weren’t personal friends with the Houston family, Whigham’s other argument for not selling the photo makes a whole lot of sense to us: I’ve been in business since 1943. This is my name, my character. Honestly, this is my life’s work. We would never do something like this.”

She also called the Enquirer’s claims that Whitney was buried with $500,000 of jewelry “crazy” and untrue.

The casket pic is nothing new for the tabloid; check out this interesting review of the Enquirer’s other gruesome post-mortems.

So who did leak the photo? Was it an act of revenge by Bobby Brown after that seating arrangement scuffle? A distant family member looking to cash in? Share your theories in the comments.

[Photos: Getty Images]

Source: Whitney Houston Casket Photo Wasn’t Leaked By Funeral Home, Director Says

How Does Sacha Baron Cohen’s Dictator Stunt Measure Up To His Past Pranks?

On February 24, 2012, in Celeb, Entertainment, Fashion & Lifestyle, General, Movies, Music, Videos, by nadia

Sacha Baron Cohen is not happy about his potential Oscars ban , but it seems that Admiral General Aladeen is even more enraged than he. “On behalf of the nation of Wadiya, I am outraged at being banned from the Oscars by the Academy of Motion Pictures of Arts and Zionists,” Cohen’s character from The Dictator rants in his new video . The comedian also takes a swipe at Hilary Swank for attending the birthday of Chechnyan President and alleged human rights violator Ramzan Kadyrov .

Sacha Baron Cohen is not happy about his potential Oscars ban, but it seems that Admiral General Aladeen is even more enraged than he. “On behalf of the nation of Wadiya, I am outraged at being banned from the Oscars by the Academy of Motion Pictures of Arts and Zionists,” Cohen’s character from The Dictator rants in his new video. The comedian also takes a swipe at Hilary Swank for attending the birthday of Chechnyan President and alleged human rights violator Ramzan Kadyrov. We never thought we’d say this but: burn, Hilary Swank!

“While I applaud the Academy for taking away my right to free speech,” Cohen continues. “I warn you that if you do not lift your sanctions and give me my tickets back by 12 p.m. on Sunday, you will face unimaginable consequences.” We are praying this means the comedian will try to take the red carpet anyway; he’s the only person alive who has the guts to intentionally horrify Meryl Streep. Also intentionally horrifying? Cohen’s past movie-related pranks. Take a walk down Memory Lane to revisit the Borat star’s finest stunts, and see how his Oscars prank is measuring up so far. Just so you know: at the end of Memory Lane is Bruno in a skin-tight knit naked suit. With built-in pubes. You have been warned!

Update: According to Deadline, the Academy has decided to allow Cohen to bring general chaos to the Oscars red carpet with his Dictator stunt after all. “Does Sacha need a changing room?,” the Academy allegedly asked the comedian’s reps this afternoon. No, but his armed guards, camels and manservants might!

In September 2008, Cohen stormed the stage at the Agatha Ruiz de la Prada show at Milan fashion week covered in Velcro and a motley assortment of towels. He was eventually hauled out of the venue by security.

At the 2009 MTV Movie Awards, Cohen descended from the heavens wearing angel wings and a jockstrap…directly onto Eminem’s horrified face. Despite what you would assume from the rapper’s overall demeanor, Eminem later admitted that the stunt was planned, and that he was happy to oblige.

We have no idea how Cohen was allowed to put up this billboard advertising an promotional event for Bruno in Australia, but he did. We know an “erection” is also a term for a building or structure, but come on. Come on!

And finally, Cohen in all his pink glory at the Berlin premiere of Bruno, as well as the L.A. premiere, in 2009. Yes, that is a disco ball tank. Oh…maybe he can get that out of storage for one last ride…

[Photo: Getty Images]

Source: How Does Sacha Baron Cohen’s Dictator Stunt Measure Up To His Past Pranks?

Halle Berry Picks Up Her Special Sweetheart

On February 22, 2012, in Celeb, by ayesha

Gothika actress Halle Berry – still sporting a plastic boot on her injured leg – was spotted picking up her 3-year-old daughter Nahla after her day at school on Wednesday (February 22). The actress – who is engaged to actor Oliver Martinez – flashed the paps her award winning smile as she went to gather her precious belongings. Nahla looked adorable donning a patterned, ruffled dress, maroon tights, and a pair of white lace-up shoes

Halle Berry Picks Up Her Special Sweetheart

Gothika actress Halle Berry – still sporting a plastic boot on her injured leg – was spotted picking up her 3-year-old daughter Nahla after her day at school on Wednesday (February 22).

The actress – who is engaged to actor Oliver Martinez – flashed the paps her award winning smile as she went to gather her precious belongings. Nahla looked adorable donning a patterned, ruffled dress, maroon tights, and a pair of white lace-up shoes. Halle dressed casually in a white cap, grayish sweater, and a pair of jeans complete with a hole in the knee.

It seems America is becoming a little too crowded for the Hollywood star.

E! News recently confirmed that the Oscar-winning actress has filed a request in family court to be able to move to France with her daughter Nahla because she is fear of her life now that two specific men are no longer behind bars. The first man is Richard Franco who was convicted of stalking Halle and sentenced to 386 days in jail, only serving 193 of those days. The second is Robert Hoskins, a man who recently escaped from a mental institution and allegedly threatened to slit Berry’s throat . He also allegedly threatened to slit Madonna’s throat and was shot by her bodyguard in 1995.

“This person has invaded and trampled upon the most fundamental sense of security I have and I am extremely frightened of him and what he might do to me and those I love,” Halle states in her criminal complaint against the Franco.

Photos: Pacific Coast News


Source: Halle Berry Picks Up Her Special Sweetheart

Page 30 of 278« First...1020...2829303132...405060...Last »
Free WordPress Themes